As autumn is upon us and the leaves are falling from the trees, I find myself saying the same sentences again and again…
- You can’t go outside without your pants on. Why they are so against pants I’ll never figure out.
- No we aren’t bringing all the acorns in the house. Ben has roughly a hundred acorns that he refuses to part with. He is a squirrel.
- For the love of god, put your pants on!
- No, we aren’t building a fire in the kitchen. Fire is for the fireplace only.
- No, you can’t get in the fireplace. Why would you want to do that?
- PUT PANTS ON!
- Please, get out of the fireplace.
- No. It is too cold to play with the hose.
- Pants, shoes and jacket on NOW!
- Fine, I will accept shoes, jacket and underwear. But next time, you have to wear pants…
I can feel when I have given up. This wave of I don’t give a shit washes over me. I feel my face turning into a blank stare and right then, I hear the words, “Fine. You win.” come out of my mouth.
There is always tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow will be different.